Sunday, July 25, 2010

Support Mike Darrah in the Alzheimer’s Breakthrough Ride from Cleveland to Pittsburgh!

From Mike Darrah...

As you may know my grandpa Darrah suffered and died from Alzheimer's. This was tough because he was not only a grandpa but a friend and roommate. For years I wanted to do something with the Alzheimer's Association in his memory, for some crazy reason this seemed like a good fit.

Having worked in non-profit for years, I never liked asking people for money even when I thought it was a worthwhile cause. I still don't like asking but I am going to here!! If you feel you are able please make a donation or at the very least sign the petition. If you know someone else who has felt the effects of Alzheimer's please forward this email so they can sign the petition.

Think of me peddling to Pittsburgh on Sept 13 & 14. There will be a small team of 3-4 of us peddling to take this petition to Washington DC. We will travel 75-85 miles a day by bike (should be fun!!). Thanks for your support!!

Today an estimated 5.3 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's. In addition, 78 million baby boomers are approaching the age of greatest risk for developing this fatal disease. Now is the time to end this epidemic!

This year, to support those affected by Alzheimer's, I'm participating in the Alzheimer's Breakthrough Ride, a journey from coast to capital to raise awareness and funds for the fight against Alzheimer's disease. I'll also be collecting signatures in support of the Alzheimer’s Breakthrough Act, legislation that calls for a significant increase in funding for Alzheimer research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), bringing total funding up to $2 billion.

The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research, and funds I raise will go directly toward supporting their efforts.

I know I can make a difference with your support! Will you consider making a donation? It's easy to give online by following the link below.

Thank you in advance for your time and generosity – together, we can help end Alzheimer's!

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Alzheimer's Association. 

No comments:

Post a Comment